01 Apr Transfer Driver
PORTOFINO BAKERY – Under New Management and Continuing to Grow
Portofino Bakery is one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing list of local grocery and foodservice customers on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. We continue to take pride in producing deliciously crafted loaves and various baked goods.
Under the guidance of new management, Portofino continues to experience business growth. We strive to provide our employees with the resources to continue to deliver excellent products and customer service while enjoying their employment experience.
Portofino Bakery is a locally owned business that is growing rapidly. We are looking for an organized, friendly, and energetic person to join us as a Product Transfer Driver.
The successful applicant will have great availability and is subject to variation depending on the needs of the business. The current schedule will be 3:00 pm-11:30 pm with Monday and Tuesday off.
- Load, unload and organize stacks of finished product from our Bakery to our Warehouse (approx 2km drive) several times per day using a combination of 5 ton and 1 ton trucks.
- Maintain excellent warehouse organization by storing all items in designated spots.
- Work with Order Building and Packaging Teams to ensure all time goals are met comfortably.
- Track and record quantities in a transfer log.
- Work cooperatively with all staff, management, vendors and customers.
- Participate in General Warehouse and Bakery tasks.
- Pick up and/or deliver items off-site
- Deliver inter-company supplies, equipment and other business-related items between locations
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid BC Driver’s License and drivers abstract with minimal or no infractions in the past 5 years
- At least 2 years of driving experience. Experience operating a large truck is an asset.
- Physically able to be on feet for the duration of the shift and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Ability to work effectively unsupervised
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Ability to work during the posted hours of operation
- Minimal or no scheduling restrictions
- Medical and Dental Benefits after 6 months (for staff who work over 30 hours/wk)
- Access to “staff bread” to take home
- Annual wage increases
- Opportunity for advancement