22 Dec Sanitation Technician
Portofino Bakery is under new management, and continuing to grow! We are looking for Janitors / Sanitation Workers in Victoria, BC!
Why should you work for us?
- Ever growing company with many opportunities!
- Competitive wages for the industry plus benefits such as extended health, dental, and vision coverage after 6 months
- Engaging work, mission-driven culture, and a great team to work with!
- $16.50 starting wage
- Annual wage increases
The Sanitation Technician will be responsible to follow the sanitation scheduling for the facility and ensuring the sanitation and cleanliness of all facility areas, the equipment, and utensils according to General Manufacturing Practices standards. The Sanitation Technician will report to the Sanitation Supervisor and other management as required, assisting in supervision of Sanitation Department staff, and monitoring operational efficiency in that area.
Job Location: 6828 Kirkpatrick Cres in Central Saanich.
What You Will Do as the Sanitation Technician
- Follow the instructions of the Sanitation Supervisor
- Using appropriate cleaning methods, clean in accordance to GMP standards, all equipment, and utensils
- Disassemble, sanitize, and reassemble food processing equipment
- Cleans production floor and surrounding area to ensure that GMP Standards are adhered to
- Locks out, dismantles, cleans, and sanitizes production machines as required and in accordance with master sanitation schedule and standard operating procedures
- Use approved chemicals to disinfect surfaces
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner and independently with minimum supervision
- Certified in WHMIS, adheres to all safety standards and good manufacturing practices
- Audit Daily Sanitation Checklist and document all tasks, completed and incomplete
- Work with the Maintenance members to ensure production facility is updated and maintained
- Meets compliance standards as part of the regulatory team-sanitation chemicals and sanitation equipment
- Acts as part of the Quality Team, ensuring quality activities were performed and documented accordingly.
- Must be able to work at various heights, fall arrest an asset
- HACCP knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with Sanitation Programs
- Knowledge of the 7 steps of cleaning
- Versed with HACCP, WHMIS, First Aid, Health and Safety Acts and Regulations (Microbiology an asset)
- Familiarity with Health Canada regulated environments and protocols.
- Excellent knowledge of General Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) standards, and procedures
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a variety of personalities in a dynamic environment. Your experience:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in sanitation role, preferably in a highly regulated industry (i.e. food industry).
- Knowledge of inspection programs, cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemicals
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends
- Knowledge of food and beverage industry
- Able to walk constantly, able to lift and /or move 50lbs
- Food safety or food technology education, personal hygiene training, QC skills training for operators, relevant food safety/HACCP training for operators are an asset
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Diligent and thorough, adhering to Standard Operating Procedures and strict operational protocols
- Exceptional multitasker, with the ability to prioritize and organize workloads, working on parallel activities simultaneously
- A problem solver and solutions oriented, with ability to troubleshoot equipment and situations, repeating, as necessary
- Proactive mindset and ability to self-motivate
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Please leave a short note in your application explaining why you think you would be the right fit for this position!
About Portofino Bakery:
Portofino Bakery is one of British Columbia’s fastest growing bakeries, serving an increasing list of local grocery and food service customers on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. We continue to take pride in producing deliciously crafted loaves and various baked goods.
Under the guidance of new management Portofino continues to experience business growth. We strive to provide our employees with the resources to continue to deliver excellent products and customer service while enjoying their employment experience.