06 Apr Night Custodian – $2.50 Extra Per Hour
Portofino Bakery is under new management, and continuing to grow! We are looking for Janitors / Sanitation Workers in Victoria, BC!
Working in our Janitorial Department and reporting directly to the Sanitation Supervisor, the full-time Janitor will be responsible for maintaining immaculate cleanliness and food safety standards at our production facility. Working as a team with other cleaners, the successful applicant will follow checklists and guidelines to complete a variety of cleaning tasks from ensuring workspace floors are tidy to detailed cleaning of our food production equipment. The ideal candidate will have cleaning experience and great availability.
Wage: $18.50 + $2.50/hr Overnight Premium
- Complete the sanitation shift duties as assigned by the Sanitation Supervisor.
- Disassemble, sanitize, and reassemble food processing equipment as per SSOPs
- Assist in premise cleaning to ensure compliance to GMP Standards.
- Lockout, dismantle, clean and sanitizes, production equipment in accordance with the master sanitation schedule and sanitation standard operating procedures
- Use of approved cleaning chemicals, cleaning methods, PPE and cleaning equipment as per GMP standards, training and safety requirements, at all times.
- Assist in ensuring all janitorial tasks, and sanitation tasks are completed as per schedule.
- Document all cleaning and sanitation activities when completed, and report deficiencies to Sanitation Supervisor/QA Manager.
- Work in a safe and conscientious manner and independently with minimum supervision
- Adheres to all safety standards, WHIMIS and good manufacturing practices.
- Work with the Maintenance members to ensure production facility and production equipment properly maintained.
- Must be able to work at various heights, fall arrest an asset
- HACCP knowledge an asset
- Knowledge and experience with Sanitation Programs an asset
- Knowledge of the 7 steps of cleaning an asset
- WHMIS, First Aid, Health and Safety Acts and Regulations an asset.
- Familiarity with Health Canada regulated environments and protocols an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of General Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) standards and procedures preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) coupled with strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with a variety of personalities in a dynamic environment. Your experience:
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in sanitation role, preferably in a highly regulated industry (i.e. food industry).
- Knowledge of inspection programs, cleaning systems (CIP, COP) and chemicals an asset
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts and weekends
- Knowledge of food and beverage industry an asset
- Able to walk constantly, able to lift and /or move 50lbs
- Food safety or food technology education, personal hygiene training, QC skills training for operators, relevant food safety/HACCP training for operators are an asset
- A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Diligent and thorough, adhering to Standard Operating Procedures and strict operational protocols
- Exceptional multitasker, with the ability to prioritize and organize workloads, working on parallel activities simultaneously
- A problem solver and solutions-oriented, with the ability to troubleshoot equipment and situations, repeating, as necessary
- Proactive mindset and ability to self-motivate
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
Please submit a cover letter in your application explaining why you think you would be the right fit for this position!
About Portofino Bakery:
Portofino Bakery is one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing list of local grocery and foodservice customers on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. We continue to take pride in producing deliciously crafted loaves and various baked goods.
Under the guidance of new management, Portofino continues to experience business growth. We strive to provide our employees with the resources to continue to deliver excellent products and customer service while enjoying their employment experience.