27 Oct Delivery Driver – Saanichton
PORTOFINO BAKERY – Under New Management and Continuing to Grow
Portofino Bakery is one of British Columbia’s fastest-growing bakeries, serving an increasing list of local grocery and foodservice customers on Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland. We continue to take pride in producing deliciously crafted loaves and various baked goods.
Under the guidance of new management, Portofino continues to experience business growth. We strive to provide our employees with the resources to continue to deliver excellent products and customer service while enjoying their employment experience.
At Portofino Bakery, Drivers are responsible for delivering a daily route in a geographical area. Our customers range from the small independently owned Coffee Shop to large Grocery Retailers. Our drivers will follow the specific delivery instructions laid out for each customer while providing excellent customer service.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring bread is delivered in a safe and timely manner.
- Driving a cube truck in Victoria and surrounding areas.
- Following all traffic and safety laws
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Efficient merchandising of our products when required.
- Understanding routes and following procedures for each customer.
- Arriving on time and ready to work.
- Drivers must be able to start work as early as 4:00 am.
- We operate 6 days/ week, so open availability is essential.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Some paperwork and inventory tracking are involved.
- Must have a clean driver’s abstract and Class 5 Drivers License.
- The ability to speak and hold a conversation in English is a must.
- Please leave a short note in your application explaining why you think you would be the right fit for this position!
- $18.50 starting wage
- Ability to earn up to an additional $1.00/hr after 6 months based on performance
- Medical and Dental Benefits after 6 months
- Annual wage increases
- Opportunity for advancement
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.